I have been awarded the Liebster Award by my kidlit friends, Joanna Marple ,Diane aka Patientdreamer, and my homeschooling/kidlit friend, Heather Newman. They are all 3 part of the Perfect Picture Book Friday group as well as members of the 12×12 in 2012 group. It has been a pleasure to get to know them. Please visit their blogs as they are very talented and are enjoyable to follow!
“Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favorite.” It’s meant to be given to blogs with 200 or few followers. However, sometimes it is hard to see how many followers someone has, so I am giving it to blogs I like that I think my friends should know about!
5 Facts about me (that you may, or may not know):
1. I lived in Alaska for over 10 years and ran up a 3200 ft mountain for fun! Every year, on July 4, my former home town of Seward, Alaska holds a race called the Mount Marathon Race.
2. I have met a number of celebrities including the cast of Glee, So You Think You Can Dance, and Rent. But, my all time favorites were Pierce Brosnan and Liam Neeson!
Here are a couple of pics of Pierce (Yeah, I think we are on a first name basis). Unfortunately, I met Liam in an elevator and I don’t have any proof except my sister who was a witness. You will have to just trust on us on that one…and no, we weren’t drinking!
3. I have worked at many odd jobs including shoe salesperson, charter boat reservations, zoo concession stand, ice cream scooper and coffee barista. I can make an awesome Café Mocha!
4. (Yes, nerd alert!) I love to play computer games. I love puzzle games like Tetris, MMORPG’s like Everquest2 and I enjoy games on the consoles as well. Legend of Zelda is my all time favorite game.
5. I am a vegetarian for over 5 years. I have never felt so healthy in my life. I love being veg!
5 blogs that I want you to know about in the Kidlit community are:
Renée M. LaTulippe – kidlit author
Diana Evans – kidlit illustrator
Kathy Weller – kidlit illustrator/product designer
Erik @This Kid Reviews Books – kidlit writer and reviewer of children’s books
Patricia Tilton – kidlit author
All 5 are an inspiration for me. Patricia, Erik and Renee are from the Perfect Picture Book Fridays group and post wonderful reviews of books. They also blog about kidlit related news including interviews. Kathy and Diana are inspirations to me for their hard work, dedication and talent. Their posts usually make me want to grab up my pencil. They each have their own unique style that is fun and enchanting.
Again thanks to my three friends for awarding me this neat award.